Applies to www.catchalive.com, shop.catchalive.com, app.catchalive.com and CatchAlive Apps, which are managed by CatchAlive ApS.
ABOUT CATCHALIVE APS
CatchAlive is a Danish company that develops products for intelligent monitoring of animal traps, Apps for handling communication/data from the monitoring equipment, and operates a online communication service (subscription service) between monitoring equipment and Apps/web browser/users.
DK – 6000 Kolding
Phone: +45 60603088
DATA SECURITY IS IMPORTANT TO US
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is any information about an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person means a person who can be directly or indirectly identified, in particular by means of an identifier, e.g. a name, an identification number or one or more elements unique to a given person’s identity.
WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS ABOUT YOU AND WHY?
The information we collect about you will be used for various purposes in connection with your customer relationship with CatchAlive ApS.
Generally, you can access the Website without telling us who you are or otherwise providing personal information about yourself.
However, CatchAlive ApS needs certain personal information to be able to deliver any orders to you and for you to be able to log in and use the app.
CatchAlive ApS collects and processes information about you when you:
- Provides account information in connection with you creating or making changes to your user account with us to use certain services, e.g. CatchAliveOne.
- Make payment of purchases.
- Sends an inquiry, complaint or gives us feedback
- In addition, provides personal information to us via the website, app or otherwise
Failure to provide personal information on your part may mean that CatchAlive will be unable to fulfill its obligations in connection with your customer relationship with CatchAlive ApS.
CatchAlive only collects and processes general personal information as part of the administration of the CatchAlive subscription service. CatchAlive does not collect and process sensitive personal information, information about criminal offenses or information about personal ID numbers as part of the administration of CatchAlive subscription service.
In connection with your customer relationship with CatchAlive subscription service, CatchAlive will typically collect the following information:
- Customer information: Information that you provide to us when you register as a customer with CatchAlive ApS, e.g. via email, telephone or online via the website, including contact information (first name, middle name (s), surname, VAT-number, address, telephone number and e-mail address), banking information, information that you provide to us about your marketing or communications preferences, and information that you provide to us if you contact us with a question, to report a problem, or when you in otherwise contact us about your customer relationship at CatchAlive ApS.
- Subscription information: Information that you give us when you buy monitoring equipment for your traps and register the equipment in your app, including information about location, type of trap, desired number of registrations per. day, desired receipt of notifications as well as data received from the communication equipment and disseminated further in the app. As well as registration of number of units (based on ID)
CatchAlive collects the following information about users who are using or trying to use the CatchAlive system:
- Logging of IP address during login (or attempt to do so). (Logging must ensure that illegal attempts at login can be identified, tracked and stopped)
- Access to Geo-location in connection with map-related use in APP. APP requests access to location and the user can refuse this. (Location is used to display the user’s position in relation to the location of traps, etc.)
- Device type logging in connection with activation of APP notifications. (Device type is used to ensure the correct notification format for the control unit)
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
CatchAlive processes your personal information for the purposes set out below. CatchAlive only processes your personal information to the extent necessary in connection with your customer relationship with CatchAlive ApS or necessary in accordance with applicable law.
- Customer administration – Establishment and administration of your customer relationship with CatchAlive ApS as part of the operation of CatchAlive’s other business, including maintaining our customer registers, invoicing, debt collection, marketing, statistics, etc. All statistics and analyzes are compiled in anonymised format and therefore do not contain information that can be directly attributed to you as a person.
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations – Compliance with laws and regulations to which CatchAlive is subject in connection with the operation of the company or for the fulfillment of various reporting or disclosure obligations in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
CatchAlive does not use your personal information to make decisions based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
CatchAlive strives to ensure that all personal information we process is accurate and up to date. We therefore ask you to always notify us of any changes in your personal circumstances (e.g. change of address or payment information), so that we can ensure that your personal information is always correct and up to date.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
CatchAlive basically processes the information about you on one of the following grounds: (1) Entering into or fulfilling your contract with CatchAlive ApS, (2) the consideration of CatchAlive’s legitimate interests, ie. the purposes described above, and (3) the fulfillment of a legal obligation imposed on CatchAlive. In addition, there may be situations where we process your personal data for the legitimate interests of third parties for the purposes described above, unless your interests outweigh.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
CatchAlive only discloses information to the extent necessary to administer CatchAlive’s subscription plan, including to provide data from the monitoring equipment to the app.
Personal information submitted to CatchAlive ApS is only passed on to:
- The company’s internal departments.
- Selected and trusted third parties who may use your personal information for the purpose of to provide goods or services that you have ordered; and
- Business partners for the purpose of registering and maintaining of your user account
CatchAlive may also pass on and / or entrust your personal information to other suppliers and / or service providers in connection with the normal operation of our company, e.g. in connection with external administration of our IT systems, analysis tasks, marketing tasks, debt collection, credit assessment, auditing, legal assistance, etc.
CatchAlive strives to limit the disclosure of personal information in a personally identifiable format as much as possible, thereby limiting the cases in which information is disclosed that can be attributed to you personally.
CatchAlive does not disclose your personal information unless necessary to carry out our business or meet your needs.
CatchAlive ApS only passes on personal information to others, e.g. abuse registers in accordance with applicable law, if the customer in question commits abuse or fraud against CatchAlive ApS.
In order to further develop and improve CatchAlive ApS’s website and App, we keep statistics on how users use the site. The statistics are used exclusively in summarized form, e.g. to see which pages and browsers our customers use the most.
CatchAlive ApS uses Google Analytics to collect visitor statistics and in this connection passes on IP addresses to Google.
Google may also disclose the information to third parties where required by law or to third parties who perform tasks for them. The privacy terms for Google Analytics are accepted by visiting the CatchAlive ApS website and shop and appear at http://www.google.com/privacy.html etc.
Except in the above cases, CatchAlive ApS does not pass on data about the individual customer’s use of the services on CatchAlive ApS.
CatchAlive does not transfer your personal information to countries outside the EU / EEA.
DATA INTEGRITY AND SECURITY
Personal data is not stored longer than necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, unless the storage is necessary to meet national legal requirements, including statutory retention periods in connection with control of EU subsidies, bookkeeping, etc.
It is CatchAlive’s policy to protect personal information by taking adequate technical and organizational security measures. When your personal information is no longer needed, we will ensure that it is deleted in a secure manner.
You have the right to exercise your rights under the applicable data protection law at any time. You can, among other things, request insight into the personal information that CatchAlive is in possession of, as well as object to the processing of the information, including objecting to automated decisions and profiling or to the use of your personal information for direct marketing. Furthermore, you can request the correction or deletion of any incorrect information about yourself, withdraw a consent to the processing of your personal data and assert your right to data portability.
If you wish to assert one or more of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com. Your request will be processed in accordance with the applicable data protection laws at any time.
Complaints about CatchAlive’s processing of your personal data can be made to:
Borgergade 28, 5.,
DK – 1300 København K.
Or your national data protection authority.